Africa & You is a small boutique online travel company selling upmarket safaris (lodge bookings, tours etc) – specializing in 4 to 5 star properties. We focus on getting to know our clients well enough to ensure their African holiday surpasses all expectations.
Africa & You is part of a larger group of travel companies that is well established and stable, having won multiple International Travel Awards.
We are looking for someone with a solid sales and product background (min 2-3 years as sales consultant) with expert knowledge of properties and packages around South and East Africa. Some background using CRMs would be useful too.
- Deliver the ethos of Africa & you though the sales process
- Handle an enquiry from start to finish from enquiry, through quoting, drawing up proposal, bookings, invoicing, preparation of trip documents, planners
- Refine and advance our sales funnel to optimize sales conversion rates
- Working with marketing to create new sales avenues, developing news flashes etc
- Constantly reevaluate and evolve sales funnel.
- Good and constant communication with properties and partners as well as colleagues
- Site visits
- Product contracts
- Maintaining relationships with partners
- Produce information to sow effectiveness of sales
- High attention to detail, disciplined, organized and exacting personality
- Knowledge and experience of tourism industry and of lodges and properties and have negotiated rates with lodges before
- Having worked with systems like WETU or GlobeTrack would be advantageous
- High customer service, consistently conveying friendly, helpful, professional manner and always striving to create the best possible safari for the client
- Good phone etiquette and communication skills
- Excellent email correspondence - Composition is professional, grammatically correct, clear and logical and reflects the tone and philosophy of the company
- Correspondence is timely (responses with 24hrs) and has a customer friendly orientation
- Proficient in word and excel
The role requires the confidence and experience to drive sales and marketing projects and develop our presence online and across key networks and alliances. We are looking for a person who is passionate about travel and community development and providing exceptional experiences for International travelers to Africa.
To be successful in this role will require drive, organisation, and openness to collaborate and build on ideas, strong communication skills and an appreciation of travel and why people do so.
Please see details below and after careful consideration of all the requirements, submit your CV and cover letter to
Greg Bows firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful applications will be contacted. Salary to be discussed on a case by case basis depending on experience.
Position is based in Cape Town, in Noordhoek.
Applicants must have excellent English – both spoken and verbal, have their own transport and hold valid South African work permits.