A leading distributor of industrial fasteners is looking for a warehouse supervisor for our Montague Garderns branch to join our highly efficient skilled team, motivated by service excellence and continuous improvement.
- Assist accurate control of stock, stock are in the correct bins and in the correct quantities according to the system
- Assist with the coordination of order pulling and stock movement within the warehouse to ensure the customer’s orders are pulled within the allocated times as set in the company’s policies and procedures
- Ensure all orders for delivery are checked accurately and delivered within the allocated time period as per company policies
- Ensure deliveries on returned stock are checked for quality and quantity and are correct against POD or collection/pickup slips daily and packed away in the correct bins
- Ensure all reports are completed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and submitted prior to required deadlines
- Monitor and assist in managing consumables purchasing within the Branch
- Develop employee confidence through training initiatives and long term employee development
- Handle customer service complaints promptly and effectively
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in operations within a warehouse environment with customer service delivery and stock management as the main focus
- High quality and successful record of achievement in supervising and stock control
- Proven ability to motivate and lead staff
- Must be available to work extra hours to get the job done during key periods
- Must have a good working knowledge of MS Office
- Above average command in English one other official language
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills
- Must be able to solve problems and analyze situations in order to establish, implement and improve on service delivery
- Advantageous: knowledge of SABS – ISO 9001:2008 practices and processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Unendorsed driver’s licence
- Minimum qualifications: Grade 12 and at least 2 years related experience in operations management in fasteners or a similar industry and related products.
- Remuneration: A market related package is offered.
Applications (CV plus supporting documents) must be submitted to email@example.com. Copies of the candidate’s identity document must accompany all applications. Should you not be contacted within 6 weeks of the closing date, it may be accepted that your application has not been successful.
In accordance with the company’s Employment Equity plan, preference will be given to candidates out of the appropriate groups.