Systems Administrator C
Installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of operating system software and hardware
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries fast end effective.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements.
- Ensure scheduled backups are executed, archived and tested to provide data redundancy and ability to recover.
- Ensure all application and hardware changes conform to governance and audit requirements by making use of approvals and documentation to ensure system integrity and stability. Participates in internal and external audits, logging and tracking audit findings.
- Assess the change required by identifying barriers to implementation of new initiatives and develop strategies and actions to address any barriers and resistance to change.
- Ensure relevant Technology systems availability for users and auxiliary systems allowing users to transact. Analysis of usage and hardware performance trends to ensure scalability of environments.
- Support, manage and maintain relevant applications environments through Development, Testing, Training, Production, Disaster Recovery enabling systems development life cycle functions and disaster recovery. Ensure the successful migration of systems changes as per plan and within the defined release periods. Document changes and ensure signoff.
- Ensures that the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the relevant applications are maintained and provides technical support for relevant projects.
- Manage own development to increase own competencies.
- Participates and collaborates across teams. Assist internal team members and up skill where relevant.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant IT Degree or Diploma
- 4 years plus related experience