ACS Accounting has the following position in Port Elizabeth: Accountant – Training and Development focused
- Excellent knowledge of Company/Individual/Farming taxation
- Financial statements preparation, IFRS for SME’s, Companies, CC’s, trusts, individuals, partnerships, npo, consolidations (from scratch and via drafting package – draftworx or similar)
- Working papers – excellent quality and presentation for support of all prepared financial statements
- Training of SAIPA students to get them producing quality files and financial statements in the methodologies used by the firm.
- Assisting SAIPA students through their logbooks – sign off
- Training officer
- Identify training and implementing training to get staff working as efficiently and accurately as possible
- Development and implementation of training manuals/programs
- Assessing training provided – testing for competence
- Quality control assessments and implementation
- Relevant degree/qualification
- Relevant experience
- High level of excel proficiency
- High level of technical accounting proficiency (IFRS for SME’s, tax vs accounting treatment, corporate restructure accounting, etc.)
- Able to understand and perform bookkeeping function as the basis of the information provided to produce the financial statements
- Understanding of all aspects of SAIPA qualification in order to provide quality training
- Ability to communicate very well (written and verbal)
- Work accurately, quickly and with minimal supervision
- Able to review own work and check self for errors (able to double check balances and double entries)
- Function very well as part of a team and able to think on your feet
- Able to multi-task and not lose focus on the importance of the job at hand
- Able to prioritise work and deal with the most urgent demands swiftly and efficiently
- Able to admit to errors and take constructive criticism and work towards fixing problems and finding solutions.
- Honesty, competency, accountability, reliability, dependability, self-sufficiency
WORKING HOURS, etc.
- 40 - 44 hour working week
- 6 months’ probation for new employee
SALARY AND BENEFITS
R20 000 – R25 000 per month, cost to company, depending on experience, qualifications and competence.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are welcome to apply with CV to Craig Pannell at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 10 August 2018
All applicants must be willing to undergo assessment of the competence to be considered for the position. I you have not heard from us within 1 week of the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.