A major restaurant/hotel/club/ tourist destination
is employing a Bar Manager/ chefs, kitchen staff, waiters, waiteresses, brand assistants,models, hostesses to look after the day-to day operations of our destination bar and the home of our restaurant/club, in south africa.
We are a company owned by drinks-fuelled-agri-geeks who believe in the cultural pillars of drinks, food and stories to radically reconnect us to the land we belong to. Our family owned business has been crafting wine from drought-hardy vines with minimal intervention and hyper-aromatic Gin meticulously distilled with the rare botanicals from our native landscape in the south africa since 2012.
This is a full-time role Monday to Friday on the Sales and Marketing team, based at our home in all cities of south africa . This role will be responsible for all aspects of customer experience, venue presentation and standards of service at our Distillery Bar.
The venue is open 7 days a week, has recently extended opening hours and increased capacity to 100 patrons. We are looking for someone that can take ownership of the customer experience and create a menu and atmosphere that will make Distillery one of the premium tourism destinations in the south africa.
The day-to-day operations of the bar required by this role include rostering and training of casual bar staff, stocktake and ordering, developing the seasonal cocktail menu, preparing for new product releases and promotions and general bar upkeep and presentation. You will be responsible for customer service during the week, with support from casual bar staff from Friday to Monday. On a monthly basis you will produce sales reports and liaise with the Sales and Marketing team to constantly improve our offering and levels of service.
You will be passionate about hosting guests while they are south africa, tailoring the experience to their level of knowledge and personal preferences, and offering local recommendations to provide them with an exceptional Adelaide Hills experience.
You will have a broad understanding of the individual brands and products and access to the distillers and winemakers for assistance with more technical questions. You will use your knowledge of immediate customer needs to create outstanding experiences and build long term customer loyalty.
Success in this role will be measured by monthly sales targets, customer reviews, returning customer rate and mailing list sign ups.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Passion to provide exceptional customer service and build long term relationships
- The ability to address urgent customer needs with a positive perspective and creative problem solving
- Organisational skills and good time management
- Keen interest in the wine and spirits industry and dedicated to learning more
- Lead by example, be self-motivated, proactively solve problems and take pride in your work
- Thrive in a fast paced, creative environment
Roles and responsibilities:
- Hosting guests and preparing drinks
- Maintenance of the POS system
- Presentation of bar
- Develop and implement standards of service
- Host VIP customers and trade guests
- Monthly stocktakes and ordering of goods required for service
- Hiring, onboarding, training and performance management of casual bar staff
- Promotional activities to increase the profile of Applewood Distillery Bar as a destination and grow the customer base
- Operate within a budget, produce monthly sales reports and meet sales targets
- Adhere to OH&S procedures and standards
- Assist with the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain good employee relations and contribute to a cooperative team environment
- Other matters as directed from time to time
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2 months experience in bartending and hospitality
- Experience with purchase ordering, inventory control and POS management
- Strong skills in G-Suite, including emails and Google sheets
- Current RSA
Why join one of the fastest growing teams of drinks-fuelled-agri-geeks?
- We are a passionate, growing and ambitious team with career opportunities
- Generous staff perks including wine, tees and volunteer leave
- We are a certified B-Corp - committed to not just profit, but also the planet and people.
The application form will include these questions:
- Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?
- Do you have experience using point of sale (POS) software?
- Do you have experience preparing work rosters?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for developing new cocktail recipes?