Executive Assistant and Team Coordinator in Zwide, Port Elizabeth – 36 Month Fixed Term Contract
Ubuntu Pathways is a R50m Global NGO with headquarters in Port Elizabeth, South Africa and overseas offices in New York and London. Ubuntu is dedicated to working with the people of the Eastern Cape Province to develop quality education and healthy communities in the new South Africa. For more about the Ubuntu Pathways, refer to the website of Ubuntu Pathways.
Ubuntu Pathways is an equal opportunity employer and preference is given to candidates whose appointment will promote representivity.
This Port Elizabeth, Zwide based NGO has the following vacancy for which an excellent basic salary and benefits are being offered.
All candidates progressing past the CV screening phase will be expected to undergo mandatory competence based assessments.
For further information about this job, please visit the website of Panlila Consulting.
The Executive Assistant and Team Coordinator will provide professional, high quality administration, coordination services and project support to the Executive Team of Ubuntu Pathways.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Support to MD and Executive Team
- Team Support and Contribution
- Project Administration and Coordination
- Administrative and Project Support for Programmes and Initiatives
- Customer service
- Relationship Management
- Supporting Organisational Values
- Information Technology and Information Management
- Proven experience in a busy Executive Assistant and/or Administrator role with accountability for a wide variety of complex administration tasks.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent administration and support skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe and Powerpoint
- Information gathering and analysis skills
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Minute taking skills
- Project support/co-ordination skills
- Knowledge of the NGO sector desirable
- Familarility with desk top publishing and project management applications
- Candidates must be fully fluent in English; knowledge of Xhosa will be beneficial
Applicants must possess a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline.
R13989.96 basic salary per month.
Additional benefits such as medical aid, provident fund, funeral cover, life cover, additional annual leave days and study leave days are also offered.
Application Information & Method
- Send your CV via e-mail to the e-mail address indicated on the Panlila Website.
- Make sure that your save your CV under your name AND surname.
- Make sure that you type the name of the job/position that you are applying for the "subject" section of your email.
- Please include an active and current e-mail address which can be used for communication purposes and which you are happy to receive e-mail information on regarding your application.
- Please ensure that your CV includes the following information:
- Salary expectation: basic, per YEAR*. Please indicate one, specific amount, e.g. R150 000 basic, per year. (* BASIC PER YEAR, BEFORE DUDUCTIONS & WITHOUTH BENEFITS). Please refer to offered salary for this vacancy. If your expected salary is higher than Ubuntu is offering for a specific position, you will NOT be considered for the position.)
- Notice Period at current place of work.
- Please indicate two referees. Requirements for referees:
- must have acted as a supervisor/manager
- must give permission to act as referee and thus be contacted
- Late applications will not be considered.
- If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after closing date, you should consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Please indicate on your CV whether you have a criminal record, were found guilty of misconduct or have pending criminal or misconduct chargers.
- Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a security and credit clearance check, a competency assessment, signing a performance contract on appointment and signing an employment contract on appointment.