The Financial Accountant is responsible for overseeing the accurate and complete reporting of the group financial results. The role is varied and consists of general auditing of the books and statutory returns as well as getting involved in providing the strategic information required to make the company successful.
Given the fast paced environment in which the company operates, many various ad hoc projects form part of the day to day job.
Key performance areas
- Monthly reviewing of group books ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Provision of monthly results
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Deal with auditors, ensuring financials are signed off timeously
- Review monthly VAT, reconciliations and creditors.
- Assist with and manage ad-hoc reporting
- Assist with numerous ad hoc projects
Skills and attributes
- Newly qualified accountant (CA/CPA)
- Excellent understanding of financial reporting and statutory returns
- Strong Excel skills essential
- Logical and analytical thinking processors