Financial Manager (MKT217)
R850 000 per annum
To analyse; interpret; collate and present financial and non-financial information in order to drive strategy; enable decision making and support Company Business Units.
Minimum Experience Level
- Must have 4 - 6 years Insurance Technical Accounting experience at a management level. (Non-negotiable)
- Must be a CA (SA) – non-negotiable.
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Professional Qualifications/Honour’s Degree
- Preferred Qualification
- Chartered Accountant, Professional Qualifications/Honours Degree
- Short term experience
- CA with Insurance Accounting experience – both Statutory and Management Accounting.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Company Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes; systems and policies and support implementation of new processes; policies and systems
- Enable business to achieve results by providing insights to enable strategic; operational and tactical decision making.
- Meet financial objectives by co-ordinating activities in line with budget requirements.
- Minimise costs by considering efficiencies and reducing unnecessary expenditure.
Minimise financial and reputational risk by responding to customer related issues in a client centric way.
- Ensure research accuracy by validating results.
- Improve productivity by planning tasks; reviewing and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Evaluate vendor contracts by monitoring and ensuring compliance to Company requirements.
- Managing market research database by compiling and updating client; industry and competitor information.
- Ensure compliance by adhering to internal and external regulatory requirements; governance and policies.
- Meet internal client briefs by generating and implementing communications plans.
- Contribute to reports by providing relevant information on market research activities.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters; websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Company vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing with team.
Support internal stakeholders decision making by delivering market research results; industry analysis and insights.
- Support business to meet client needs through research; communication and follow-up.
- Understand and meet stakeholder needs by identifying; building and maintaining relationships.
- Meet business objectives by facilitating and managing vendor relationships.
Please email CV to email@example.com and quote MKT217 in the subject line