DescriptionShould you feel you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply straight away by sending your CV to 086 605 4998 to be shortlisted We require General Canteen Assistants Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with performing cleaning and sanitizing of all cafeteria facility equipment on a daily basis.
- Maintain and update food storeroom cleanliness and inventorystocking on a regular basis.
- Provide assistance to other canteen staff as required.
- Assist in preparation of burgers, pizza, tacos,stews and other lunchroom food items.
- Assist with Operation of the cash register for lunch payments.
- Assist with ensuring clean and sanitized cafeteria workspaces on a daily basis.
- Unload, sort and stock food items upon arrival from vendors on a regular basis.
The candidate should have:
- Grade 12
- Strong familiarity with mass food service and preparation
- Knowledge of commercial kitchen equipment
- high level capability in food assembly, labeling, apportionment and stocking
- Physical stamina to perform strenuous and repetitive tasks
- Hands-on kitchen work experience
- Ability to sometimes stand for long periods of time without fatigue
- High interpersonal and customer service skills
- Clean criminal record