Human Resources Manager
The HR Manager directs and works with Human Resources and Operations employees to carry out the daily activities of the Human Resource Office including oversight of recruitment, total compensation, training and development, association/labor relations and performance management.
Leading and Monitoring Recruitment and Hiring Activity
- Manage all administrative aspects of the employee life cycle
- Assists in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resource employee team members with the appropriate skills, as needed. Establishes and maintains contact with external recruitment sources
- Oversees/monitors candidate identification and selection process
- Conduct reference and background checks on new hires in line with Marriott standards (MIP 64)
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions