- This is a great opportunity for a student seeking a career in the areas of: water, engineering, management consulting, marketing, public services and international development.
- Besides the learning experience, you will help us grow our Africa operations, your list of professional contacts, and have fun while doing it!
- The Intern will assist the team on various projects and tasks to gain experience in the broad field of international development but in the specific areas listed above.
- He/ She will work on a wide variety of projects including coordination with water utility experts and partner utilities, coordination with major global foundations and banking institutions, updates to social media and website marketing tools, development and improvements to office operations.
Projects / Learning Outcomes:
- The intern will be supervised by the Founder of the organization and receive training on all aspects of running a non-profit organization.
- The intern will learn organizational and project management skills, learn about fund raising and learn about municipal water supply.
- The intern will interact with senior staff of global donor organizations, foundations and banks as well as senior utility managers throughout Africa.
- The assignment will not be dull, and the intern will have an opportunity to gain experience in many aspects supporting all areas of work.
- He/ she will also be able to work with other elements of the organization including Finance and Marketing, etc. to gain knowledge in these other areas.
- This is a great opportunity to enhance skills in organization, multi-tasking, communications, and learn about international development, company management, and water engineering.
- General business knowledge – a few business courses or experience working in an office
- Use of MS Office suite –Word, Outlook, and Excel. PowerPoint helpful as well as general IT skills.
- Enrolled in a college degree program
- Strong English communication (oral, writing and presentation) skills
- Detail oriented
- Professional presence and demeanor
Whatsapp the keyword "JOB" to 084 243 3389