Join a growing Private Hospital Group as a Payroll Administrator reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager. You will be responsible for the full function of payroll including preparation and processing of the payroll, onboarding new employees, ensuring employee changes are entered correctly and payroll tasks are accomplished accurately and timeously.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- On-board new employees – enrol on Payroll system; explain pension fund and medical aid terms, cover and contributions.
- Update changes/addition/termination/resignation, e.g. on medical aid and pension fund, and on internal Masterfile accordingly.
- Notify pension fund on changes to beneficiaries, disability, etc.
- Respond to adhoc requests from internal stakeholders and Finance Manager.
- Assist employees on salary related queries (policies and practices, payslip reprinting, employment confirmations, maternity leave applications).
- Drafting extension/termination/internal transfer letters and update on systems; filing.
- Registrations – add employees on Pastel and register them on Kronos; send medical aid and pension fund application forms to payroll service provider.
- Processing – ensure timely payroll worksheet submission and sign off by Unit Managers; payroll run; send bank file and payroll summaries to Finance Manager; prepare pension report; check medical aid pro-forma statement and adjust contributions on employee Masterfile.
- Reconciliation - run tax report for PAYE/SDL/UIF and ensure timely payment to SARS; file EMP; prepare month end payments; submit leave report to management for verification.
- Reporting – submit quarterly report to Stats SA and file bi-annual EMP.
- Increase/bonus schedules - calculate salary increases and submit to Finance; calculate new salaries; adjust medical aid and pension fund contributions; adjust medical aid options; calculate and capture bonuses; prepare list of bonuses.
- Assist Auditors with documents.
- Grade 12, a relevant Diploma will be an advantage
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience as a payroll administrator
- Experience working on Pastel Payroll and Kronos HR Management system
- Computer proficiency
- Able to work under pressure of payroll deadlines
- Attention to detail in ensuring integrity of data systems
- Understand basic financial principles
Whatsapp the keyword "JOB" to 084 243 3389