· Process: Manage the project resources (including people, procurement, systems, time and budget) from the initiation of an identified project to the end of the defined project lifecycle or process in order to deliver on project goals and objectives.
· Initiate and kick off the project with relevant stakeholders and project resources
· Follow a predetermined project approach to progress through the relevant project phases, for example, initiation, analysis, design, build, etc.
· Execute identified project tasks
· Drive and report on project milestones and deliverables
· Escalate any issues and risks identified for resolution
· Conduct a project close out and provide input into ongoing benefit realisation tracking
· Handover “after project” tasks and responsibilities as identified in the project plan, for example, production support, system performance management, etc.
· Process: Compile and maintain relevant project documentation in accordance with agreed project procedures and methodologies to effectively support project delivery as well as comply with audit requirements.
· Project documentation could include a business case, scope of work, work schedule, project plan, deliverable and timeline schedule, change plan, close out report, etc.
· Report on project progress at agreed intervals in accordance with agreed templates and formats
· Provide additional supporting reporting as identified and required, for example risk analysis and reports, etc.
· Process: Assist with the creation of change management plans and implement these to maximise the adoption and/or usage and minimise resistance.
· Develop and implement a change plan for the project
· Ensure that the most applicable communications are applied throughout the delivery of the project
· Ensure that adequate training is provided to the relevant stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of the change initiated
· Finance: Contribute to the development of project budgets, control and report on budgeted resources to meet the project objectives.
· Give input to the development of the project budget
· Monitor project resources and spend against agreed budget
· Report on project spend throughout the project as agreed
· Governance: Implement and use governance and compliance procedures and processes effectively to identify and manage risks.
· Customer: Manage the quality of delivery in line with predefined quality standards, procedures, SLA’s and project plans to ensure customer goal achievement.
· Customer: Maintain and build relationships for purposes of expectation management and project reporting.
· People: Lead indirect teams by providing a meaningful context, setting performance standards and educating on process.
· People: Continuously develop own expertise in terms of industry and subject matter development and application thereof in an area of specialisation.