We are currently looking for a RESERVATIONS CONSULTANT with the below knowledge and leadership qualities to join our reservations team based in our Somerset West Office. Our business deals with
- Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Diagnose the clients’ specifications and wishes and suggest suitable travel packages or services
- Organize travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation etc.
- Supply travellers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday material (guides, maps, event programs etc)
- Collect deposits and balances
- Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages
- Handle unforeseen problems and complaints and determine eligibility for money returns
- Attend conferences to maintain familiarity with tourism trends
- Create and update electronic records of clients
- Maintain relationships with key persons
- Keep financial statements and documents
- Reach the revenue and profit targets
- The sale of scheduled tours to the international and local travel trade Making bookings in Tour Plan.
- Preparation of quotes, invoices and vouchers. Cross selling our products & offering alternatives to agents when the requested dates / tours are full.
- Following up on provisional reservations and converting themin to a sale Ensure agents receive all necessary required documentation.
- Admin reporting, keep a Reservation & Sales Log for monitoring trends.
- Weekly team booking targets to be met Daily liaison with the Reservations Manager.
The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent customer relationship management skills.
- Excellent communications skills in English.
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy and efficiency is critical
- Self-motivated and goal driven.
- Multi-tasking: Enquiries are received via email, Skype, Live Chat as well as the telephone
- Ability to handle and work under pressure.
Requirements for the position:
- 3+ year’s Inbound Tour Operator/DMC experience in Southern & East Africa
- Excellent product knowledge of Southern and East Africa is essential (not negotiable).
- Experience with Tourplan Reservation System knowledge & experience essential (not negotiable). Computer literate and proficient user of Microsoft Office.
- Certificate / Diploma in Tourism are an advantage.
- Travel in Southern & East Africa would be highly advantageous.
- Requirements to be met for application: Comprehensive CV with detailed experience and contactable references.
- Copy of qualifications if any.
- Copy of Id and latest payslip.
- The successful candidate will be rewarded with the following:
Whatsapp the keyword "JOB" to 084 243 3389