The successful incumbent will be responsible for logging and managing service calls on a daily basis in line with the department’s targets.
1. Receive incoming phone calls from customers.
- Answer incoming calls from customers and direct them to the correct department when necessary.
- Clarify the terms of the customer’s contract and the status of the current account.
- Assess the customer’s needs telephonically and determine the problem relating to the product in question.
- Assist the customer in terms of fault finding.
- Ensure clarification is achieved with the customer on the product problem.
- Follow up and ensure customer’s issues are appropriately handled.
2. Logging Service Calls
- Using the in-house programme, log the service call.
- Select the appropriate Service Agent in relation to the fault reported.
- Once the call is logged, ensure that the job number is received from the appropriate Service Agent.
3. Following up on pending service calls
- Ensure that all outstanding jobs has have been actioned appropriately.
- Ensure that all customers are updated as to the status of their repairs as per the department’s standards.
- Ensure that the Agents report on spares, problematic sets and physical damage has been received from the Agent.
- Escalate all problematic calls, sets, spares, risk items to the Technical Supervisor.
- Where products fall under warranty, ensure that arrangements are made for their repair at the supplier and follow up when necessary.
4. Exchanging of products and remotes
- On instruction from the Technical Supervisor, book the relevant exchange on the in house programme.
- Liaise with the relevant Teljoy warehouse in relation to bookings for remote control
- Ensure that your own product knowledge on existing appliances is recent and relevant
- Update current product specifications and create new product specifications for new products to facilitate training needs.
- Present and facilitate internal product knowledge training for Teljoy staff on new products.
Education and Experience:
- MS Office, specifically email, Word and Excel
- 1 year call center experience would be advantageous
- Customer focused experience
- Target driven with a sense of urgency to get the work done
- Ability to multi task
- Focused and disciplined
- Good telephonic communication skills
Whatsapp the keyword "JOB" to 084 243 3389