My client, a multinational company, based in Durban is looking for a Warehouse Representative to join their team.
This position will be based at their sales centre / distribution centre.
You must have warehousing, inventory and customer service experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To have gained general understanding/awareness of Order Processing, receiving policies and procedures for the Service Center and Warehouse within 2 weeks of training.
- To attend to Distributors quickly and in a courteous and professional manner in the Service Center and Pick-up desk from Monday to Friday.
- Unloading of trucks and accordingly checking of the received products according to the pack list. Receive products into Oracle. Highlight every deviation in quality and/or quantity.
- Physically move products into warehouse- and pick-locations and log all moves correctly into oracle.
- To make sure all pick locations are set-up and filled correctly, sufficient and all stock is systematically moved and allocated to the correct stocking location.
- Pick and pack orders efficiently and accurate maintaining the highest level of quality and customer service.
- Liaise directly with Distributors in the processing of Walk-In orders ensuring a timely and accurate service with a high level of Customer Service delivered.
- To lead and conduct quarterly stock checks and cycle counts according to work instructions and procedures.
- To keep warehouse spotless clean, organized and safe. Respect safety measurements and highlight unsafe situations.
- Maintain and use equipment and facility appropriately and highlight any deviation.
- Quickly and correctly hand-over ordered products to Distributors. To make sure orders are administratively handled correctly.
- Prepare pre-advised Pick Up orders for the correct Pick Up date.
- Responsible to lead and assist other (temp) warehouse staff.
- Make sure all administrative tasks are done; e.g. documenting documents, data for reporting, Oracle, etc.
- Keep your line supervisor informed and involved at all times. This means highlighting any change or decrease in performance immediately (group or individual), highlighting any potential delay in meeting deadlines or targets agreed and informing him of any exceptions or incidents that may have a negative impact on Distributors or staff (local or regional).
- To uphold the standards of the Company at all times in terms of dress, manner, speech, respect and interaction with external customers. To conduct yourself at all times as an Ambassador for the company, its products and services. To add value by supporting Distributors wherever we can in their aims and business efforts.
- Assist and support Walk-in and Service Center when required.
- Willing to work on Saturdays and to attend/work at Company meetings if required.
- Strive for continuous improvements. Have an eye for possible improvements and be proactive in proposing solutions.
- To perform other related duties as needed and/or assigned by the Supervisor
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Fluent in English, both spoken & written
- Knowledge of office software (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to respect tight deadlines
- Multi-task orientated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Oracle Experience
- Matric Essential
- 2 Years Customer Servcie Experience
- 2 Years Inventory Experience
Whatsapp the keyword "JOB" to 084 243 3389