FinTech, Payments, Java, Software Development, Software, Full-Stack Development, Software as a Service (SaaS)
Java Software Developer (FinTech/Payments)
Our client is a leading software expert in South Africa's payment and transaction processing and management industry. Their cloud-based processing technology is used by/integrated into SA's biggest Banks, Retailers and MNOs and has impacted the lives of many South Africans. On top of being successful in their business, they aim to be intentional, customer centred, and employee oriented, making the workspace and experience one of growth, trust and freedom.
Job Location: Cape Town
Job Type: Full time l On-site
- 3 Years of experience in Software Development, preferably in Payments industry
- A university degree or an additional 3 years of relevant working experience in Java
- Technically strong in Java
- Full stack experience
- SaaS development experience
- Payments experience
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented Java code to develop and maintain software applications.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of software solutions, ensuring they are scalable, robust, and maintainable.
- Develop and implement unit and integration tests to ensure the reliability and performance of applications.
- Identify and resolve software defects and issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in code reviews, providing constructive feedback to maintain code quality and consistency.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other developers, to deliver high-quality software solutions.
- Identify and implement performance enhancements and optimizations in Java applications.
- Maintain technical documentation and knowledge sharing to facilitate team collaboration and learning.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in Java development.
Our client has created an high-performance culture where you can expect:
- Career growth - Delivering world-class financial services software products in a fast-paced company is not easy, and it takes an insane amount of effort. But in return for your effort you'll get hands-on experience in scaling our high-trust practices and a high quality work experience that will accelerate your career faster than anywhere else.
- Transparency - They openly discuss strategy, finances, salaries and other major decisions.
- Shared vision - You'll be able to shape a vision you can believe in - on how to build a company that builds the future of financial services.
- Work-life balance - You know when your brain has switched off for the day and you need to go for a hike or coffee shop with a view, but you also know when your team needs help to bring that strategic deliverable home. At our client you will be expected to know when you deserve that time out, and when you need to knuckle down and get the work done.
- Flexible work hours with core in-office hours from 10:00 to 15:00
- Onsite gym and shower facilities
- Daily cooked lunches and a stocked kitchen for the afternoon nibbles
- Team socialising like hikes, getaways, and dinners
- A generous leave policy, starting at 20 days per year
- Fatsaks scattered around the office for deep thinking or meditation