Reporting to the CEO and marketing manager, the copywriter/content developer’s duties are to conceptualise, produce and publish engaging content for both online marketing and advertising purposes in line with the companies marketing strategies.
Online and print marketing communications:
- Responsible for conceptualising, producing and project managing copy for all online and print marketing, websites, newsletters/news briefs, blogs and social media posts as per the content calendar.
- Populating and updating the content calendar.
- Fielding ad hoc content and support requests from both the marketing and sales teams.
- Researching and leveraging market research, client insights, internal thought leaders input and relevant topical articles to create effective content and to drive content production across all online platforms.
Proofreading and editing of all content for both online and print marketing/advertising purposes to ensure that:
- There are no grammar, spelling mistakes, typos or incorrect spacing in between words.
- That the correct marketing message is being communicated to our target audience in a well-structured and easy to read format.
- Ensuring that the companies ‘voice’ is applied, that it is appropriate and very importantly consistent.
- Ensure that all images/videos used are of high quality and ensure that they carry the correct copyright licences and that we abide by their specific usage agreements.
- Managing Jenman African Safaris’ and Hideaways’ reputation through different media streams.
- Research and establish key publications both online and in print to be used for press releases.
- Researching, producing and distributing complete press kits to targeted media.
- Management of all external media requests.
- Compiling and updating of the Annual Results Showcase.
- Organization and project management of all stills or film shoots.
- Involvement in all PR aspects and in potential PR crisis situations should they arise.
- Research and establish key awards platforms for the company to partake in industry awards and assist with speech creation when required.
Marketing collateral content production:
- Preparing and supervising the production of print material (i.e. Brochures, flyers, books, promotional videos)
- Help build and maintain a master library of PowerPoint (PPT) slides
- Coordinate with outside designer to create new graphics or source new images as needed
- Assist with marketing communications and information distribution to agents when requested.
- Prepare, supervise and manage different marketing projects on an ad-hoc basis
- The usage of the correct strategies and systems play a key role in the success of any company. It is, therefore, imperative to keep an open mind and up to date with digital developments in the marketing field.
- Research new systems to achieve the company’s marketing goals where necessary.
- Support in implementing new systems when necessary and as advised by product and marketing director.
- Creation and management of procedure documents (Internal ‘how to guides’)
- Tertiary education/degree in related field
- Minimum three years of work experience doing copywriting
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English)
- Proven track record in online media/written communication
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Strategic Branding awareness
- Passion for African tourism