The International Federation of Workers’ Education Associations (IFWEA) seeks to appoint an education assistant for administration, logistics and education support in the Education Programme.
- This position would suit an experienced person with all-round administration, logistical and educational support experience.
- This position is based in Cape Town.
- Post-matric qualification in office administration and management, or similar would be advantageous
- Experience/knowledge ∼ at least 5 years post-schooling work experience in administration or office management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and using the internet for communication and information.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, varied role with competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Code 08 Drivers Licence
- Experience in logistical support for education and training events and administering an online education platform will be an advantage.
- Able to work effectively under pressure in a global environment
- Able to multi-task and prioritise competing work tasks
- Self-managed, can take initiative and work independently
- Able to work as part of a small dynamic team
- Decision making ability
- Able to work flexible hours
- Excellent organisational skills
- Reliable and dependable
- Salary: R250 000 annually.
- Organising and maintaining the education programme calendar
- Manage all administration, logistics, resource provision for educational events
- Support the Programme Manager in meeting and educational delivery preparation
- Organise, attend and report on meetings where necessary
- Minute taking
- Managing enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
- Maintaining confidential files and documents
- Maintenance of registers
- Compiling materials and resources and making them accessible for course participants online and hard copy when necessary.
- Maintaining the IFWEA online education platform
Please forward the following documents:
1. An updated CV with current references
2. Certified copies of qualifications
3. Certified copy of ID
Closing Date: 14th May 2018
Correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed candidates. IFWEA reserves the right to not appoint. IFWEA is an equal opportunities employer and a registered Section 21 company.
IFWEA is a global organisation with both a local and international education projects involving trade unions, NGOs and community membership-based organisations.