Job vacancy for an electrical design engineer in Centurion.
- Resource, plan, organize, lead, co-ordinate and control the technical and administrative activities of Electrical Engineering projects.
- Ensure world-class, safe and fit for purpose rail, marine and pipeline infrastructure is established in support of objectives
- Ensure that the engineering designs and applications comply with all statutory, regulatory, safety, health and quality requirements whilst ensuring environmental and business sustainability
- In-depth design reviews of all design documents including constructability and HAZOP reviews and, as applicable, perform independent reviews of all safety critical designs
- Collaborate with the various Project Managers regarding the specification of design deliverables (e.g. drawings, specifications, design-criteria, technical reports, technical adjudication of contracts) and the concomitant estimation of man-hours to provide same
- Provide technical engineering inputs into the execution, feasibility, pre-feasibility and concept phases of projects that may be initiated as part of the long-term infrastructure investment schedule
- Identify and plan the work efforts, assigning responsibilities, establishing goals and monitoring the progress of the engineering design effort assigned to specific projects such that the project objectives are achieved on schedule and within budget.