Lookinh for factory workers at a confectionery and chocolate Ffactory in Cape Town.
- The ideal candidates are to be called Confectioners and Chocolatiers who will make sweets and chocolates. There are two main job roles - Sugar Confectioner and Chocolatier.
- Sugar Confectioners make products such as boiled sweets, lollies, toffees and jelly sweets. They control and monitor equipment that:
- Weighs, measures and mixes ingredients.
- Heats the mixture to a controlled temperature.
- Pours the mixture into molds.
- Uses compressed air to blast the cooled and shaped sweets out of the molds.
- They also use measuring and testing equipment, such as Refractometer, to test product consistency and quality.
- Chocolatiers make chocolate bars, chocolate assortments (chocolates with filled centres), Easter eggs and other speciality items.
- The Factory works on a 9 Hour per Day basis with 40 to 45 hours a week. Shift work is common and often includes weekends. The job also involves working long hours on your feet.
- Matric Certificate
- Previous Confectionery Industry Experience
- HACCP/ ISO 22000 or Food Safety Training
- Only candidates with the necessary experience will be contacted.