Career Opportunity:Financial Administrator
Job Type:Temporary position
Do you have compelling Financial Administrator skills? Then you are the person we’re looking for.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements for this position
- A 3-year qualification in Finance / Accounting or equivalent.
- 1-3 years experience in the finance or similar environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Planning skills
- Process Implementation (M&E process)
- Tact skills
- Judgement skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the roles, function and responsibilities of the main stakeholders and role players.
- Knowledge of industry legislation, the various stakeholders, their responsibilities and compliance requirements.
- Understanding of the transformative elements of the HRD legislation(Skills Development Act, SAQA, Act, etc.)
- Exposure to auditing.
- Quality orientation
- Sector knowledge
- Stakeholder relationship management
- High problem solving ability
- Strong team player with strong operational management skills.
- Processing, recording, calculating, reconciling and preparing financial operational transactions.
- Perform financial administration processes in line with revolving legislative guidelines.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reconciliation.
- Ensure compliance with financial and procurement policies through proper record keeping and administration.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Investigate and resolve reconciling items.
Perform accounts payable function
- Add suppliers/beneficiary on the accounting system.
- Receive and verify supporting documents before capturing invoices, grant claims, board fees and employee claims on the accounting system.
- Process payments on the accounting system.
- Allocate supplier invoices, grants claims. Bursary payments to relevant cost codes and capture on the system.
- Upload payments on the banking system.
- Prepare payment packs.
- Download and forward proof of payments to relevant departments or suppliers.
- File suppliers invoice, grant claims, supporting documents, statements and quotations.
- Maintain and update beneficiaries on the accounting system.
- Monitor accounts payable on the system (Age analysis, etc.)
- Verify supplier banking details before processing payments.
- Attend to Supplier queries.
- Capture bank charges, reversed transactions, debit orders and refunds on the accounting system.
Perform accounts receivable function
- Process invoices and credit notes.
- Match beneficiary payments to invoices.
- Reconcile debtors to general ledger.
- Attend to customer queries.
Perform other finance duties
- Liaise with departments to obtain Capex and Opex accruals.
- Preform month-end procedures (general journal entries, etc.)
- Capture financial inputs into the general ledger.
- Allocate and administer income, receipts and payments.
- Perform banking reconciliations.
- Provide auditors with requested information and respond to queries for discretionary grants and creditors.
- Capture petty cash transactions.
- Count the petty cash in the box on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile petty cash on a regular basis.
- Administer cheque books when required.
- Follow-up on petty cash discrepancies.