The South African National Council for the Blind (Council) is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals for appointment to the following post FUND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (FDO) reporting to the Divisional Manager: Fundraising & Public Relations.
Job Title: FUND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (FDO)
Job Location: Pretoria, SANCB Head office
- Together with the Fundraising Manager, develop and ensure the successful implementation of an annual Fundraising Strategy
- Represent SANCB at donor meetings and functions,
- Nurturing relationships with donors, communicating with them regularly
- Identifying viable potential funders through detailed research and prioritisation according to the ones most likely to be approved
- Writing funding proposals, grant applications, in-kind donation proposals, letters of interest and other collateral required in order to apply for funding
- Compilation of all donor reports
- Management of all in-kind donors – building relationships, looking for promotion opportunities, looking for ways to increase the give, bringing on new in-kind donors, up keeping an in-kind donations database
- To conceptualize, partake and implement events that yield financial reward to the organisation.
- Engage with online fundraising platforms such as crowd funding and the use of the social media for fundraisingMinimum requirements for the post are:Grade 12 and a relevant diploma or degree in fundraising or related qualification.
- Extensive experience and proven success in fundraising both national and international, CSI or related fields
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in proposal and grant writing, either and preferably in a non-profit organization or in the commercial/corporate sector
- Proven experience of setting, managing and delivering on targets
- An ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience in financial management of donor funding
- Database management and budget
- Valid driver’s license (Except for persons with visual impairment)
Essential skills, attributes and abilities:
- Proven ability to develop and write excellent proposals.
- A high level of proficiency in English.
- An understanding of the local and international donors, the NGO sector and fundraising trends.
- High level computer literacy (MS Office)
- The ability to take initiative / see opportunities
- Attention to detail
- Good general organizing skills
- Ability to work under pressure, and willing to work after hours when faced with deadlines
- Ability to function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities
- A team player who also works well independently
NB: Applicants are to submit:
- A motivation as to how they would see their role in this post and
- A written or typed proposal (not more than 4 pages) to a potential funder with the focus on “Enterprises run by or benefitting people with disabilities” to increase the funding income of SANCB.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified visually impaired persons and South African Citizen.CLOSING DATE: 21 JULY 2017 @16:30
Please send your complete CV with 3 references, copies of qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying for this position. Council will only communicate with shortlisted candidates.
No chancers please only people with relevant experience and qualification must apply.