African Angels Independent School is a primary school (Grade R -7) offering English medium education to over 120 children in the East Coast Resorts area of Chintsa East.
We are seeking a full time and qualified Grade R teacher, for our school, to start in Term 3.
- Our class sizes are no more than 24 children and we follow the CAPS curriculum.
- The Grade R class has a qualified assistant.
- You will be responsible for teaching, lesson planning, behaviour management, assessments, your own admin and parent relations.
- Job Title: Grade R Teacher
- Hours of work: 7am - 2pm Monday to Friday.
- Extra Mural: One afternoon per week.
- Starting Date: Term 3 2018
- Completed Bachelor of Education Foundation Phase, or PGCE
- Minimum 3 years class teaching Grades R - 3 in a registered primary school in English home language.
- Minimum 3 years teaching Grade R in a formal primary school setting in English home language. Lesson planning and assessment. Computer literacy.
- Single room accommodation available with shared facilities.
- Acceptance of accommodation will include hostel duties on some afternoons.
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience. Note this is a low fee paying independent school run by African Angels Trust, a non profit organisation. Salaries are not competitive with the Government school and other wealthier independent schools or businesses.