We are seeking for a Human Resources Manager to fill this opportunity of WSP Group's Corporate Head office annex. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resource Manager’s primary focus will be to guide and manage the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring, and employee counseling. Must present a courteous, efficient and professional demeanor, even under stressful situations. The Manager, Human Resources, is an essential member of the human resources team that will provide support, guidance and assistance to operational strategies enhancing OCRs business performance and colleague experience. In this role, The Manager, Human Resources will need to quickly adapt to their surroundings through active listening and knowledge of human resources best practices. The Manager, Human Resources will assist in helping drive human resource goals, performance metrics and activities to align both business and financial objectives with best practices. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, managers, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. WSP develops creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer lasting solutions within Property & Buildings, Industry, Transportation Infrastructure, Environment, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas), Water, Power & Energy sectors with delivery and strategic consulting services. At WSP, we continuously innovate and make extraordinary efforts to always attract, employ, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great. We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. WSP offers competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills, experience and the opportunity to be part of an “up and coming” player in the lucrative international construction / engineering market. We also attach residential Accommodations to our International employees and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you're Interested to work with us, kindly forward your recent CV and cover letter through WSP's career email or job apply button displayed below.
Essential duties + Responsibilities:
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees;
- Conducts new-employee orientations;
- Monitors career-pathing program and writes, places advertisements.
- Consult with managers and supervisors on absenteeism, turnover and workforce data and take actions where necessary
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions and helping resolve work-related problems
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, terminating employees, and administering disciplinary procedures
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview, and select applicants
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintain human resource information system records and compile reports from the database. As well as updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing federal and state requirements applicable to human resource, safety and payroll matters;
Major skills + Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with a Human Resources focus; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Related Professional qualification in Human Resources/Management
- Applicants with +7yrs work experience on this field without formal qualification can be considered
- 3 – 5 years of relevant Human Resource experience.
- Excellent communication skill with strong written and verbal, are preferred
- Proven experience in applying well-developed problem solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Proven experience with implementing human resource programs through talent acquisition, recruiting, benefits, and law compliance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong team player with positive, optimistic solutions-oriented approach.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries and influence without authority.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- High attention to detail, accuracy, time management, and organization
- A Graduate level salary and compensation offer