The Credit Controller will handle a portfolio of accounts within Africa. The credit controller will work closely with different groups across the organization from sales, client administrations, finance to technical support to drive debt collection efforts and have overall responsibility for minimizing debtors position in line with targets. Responsibilities include ensuring compliance with credit control policies and procedures within the region; developing a regional strategy to optimally collaborate with Customer Administration, ensuring communication with local sales and account management teams to guarantee good relationships with clients.
Some Of The Daily Tasks
- Cash collection on a defined book of business
- Able to achieve cash collection, DSO, outstanding debt and Unapplied cash targets
- Achieve and maintain high levels of customer service and happiness working Sales and Account Management
- Work closely with clients and LSEG internal staff to resolve client disputes and follow through to satisfactory resolution which results in payment of invoices.
- Establish effective relationships with OMS and Sales support specialist
- Explore ways to improve cash collection efficiency on portfolio
- Fully use and maintain the quality and integrity of all system data
- Ensure that all credit control policies and procedures are strictly aligned with in the region/portfolio
- Handle the decision process on disconnecting customers when payments cannot be negotiated.
- Lead complicated cash application issues.
- Supervise & analyze collection trends & identify debt issues at an early stage for resolution.
- Aid Regional Credit Manager in compilation of required credit control reporting
- Ensure actions from business unit meetings are followed up
- Ensure accounting for bad debts & provisioning align with accounting standards
- 2-3 years of credit control experience preferably in financial sector
- An ability to influence clients (internal and external)
- Ability to drive performance and ensure results delivery
- Strong relationship skills
- Understanding of credit control systems and processes
- Qualification preferred in finance or credit management
- Understanding of the financial markets preferably
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and customers, both written and verbally in the desired languages.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Knowledge of SAP and Salesforce advantageous
- Applies general knowledge of business, developed through education, to make informed judgements
- Provides guidance or outstanding services that directly support or affect results within one functional area
- Works within area and uses professional procedures and practices to achieve objectives
- Exchanges straightforward information, asks questions and checks for understanding
- Free to resolve approach used to address routine professional issues
- Identifies and solves sophisticated issues using existing policies and procedures
- Understands, interprets and sets personal priorities for reaching goals
- Uses general professional or specialized knowledge to solve routine problems
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and own business plan, impacting the efficiency and effectiveness of own area
- Proficient English
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Corporate etiquette
Our purpose is the foundation on which our culture is built. Our values of Integrity, Partnership, Excellence and Change underpin our purpose and set the standard for everything we do, every day. They go to the heart of who we are and guide our decision making and everyday actions.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25, 000 people across 65 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyones race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what its used for, and how its obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.