shape the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to
honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It
reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering
in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a
flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort
zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join
our global team as a Customer Service Engineer (GRIP TITLE Service Engineer)
based in KZN, South Africa.
Our Global Team
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50, 000
dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of
healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day
from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and
therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as
digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture: Our
culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge
convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the
change in our industry rather than just react to it. Thats why we invite you
to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Your Tasks And Responsibilities
- You complete a broad scope of technical tasks including installation/commissioning, maintenance and evaluation of customers equipment and systems among others
- You support customers remotely and onsite and provides 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues
- You contribute to or conduct the maintenance and improvement of internal tools, equipment, processes, and data repositories
- You contribute to or execute activities for estimation, planning, and review of technical tasks in support of overall project acquisition, negotiation, planning and management
- You may be involved in technical design and developments for service offerings as well as manage sub-contractors and monitor delivery
- You will support all service processes and ensure optimal performance & efficiency in all process activities related to your area of responsibility
- You will participate in training courses, including self-study, computer courses and on the job training as well as participate in skills development and knowledge transfer within the Customer Service Team.
- You will perform any other duties that may reasonably be expected from a Customer Service Engineer
- In this position, you are expected to contribute to and deliver business processes or detailed technology solutions, in a self-managed and target oriented manner, and thus contributes to team results
- You communicate and accept all operative advice from the Customer Care Centre; process and ensure optimal performance in all process activities related to within your area of responsibility
- You escalate incidents according to the defined parameters and inform The Customer care Centre on all escalation issues. You Inform Uptime Service Centre on all escalation issues and report any customer complaints with proper documentation to the CCC
- You must Ensure the proper use of tool & test equipment and report the usage on any related service report
- You must Comply to national and local regulations and safety standards, as well as technical and operational guidelines from Siemens Healthcare
- You must Maintain highest customer satisfaction, within the framework of Siemens Healthcare, Customer Services
- All responsibilities and jobs must be performed as cost-effectively as possible, taking profitability into account
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (light current) or Electrical Engineering or similar
- Knowledge and experience on healthcare sector with preferably 5 years experience in repair and maintenance of Angio therapy & General Xray and Fluoroscopy
- Experience and certification with Quality assurance testing would be an advantage
- Thorough professional know-how in one Sub Job Family, based on practical experience and theoretical foundation
- Focus on applying and expanding acquired knowledge base
- Application of knowledge in broader professional context
- Radiation Quality Assessment experience and knowledge
Attributes And Skills
Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot
Good communication skills verbal and
Attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure
Strong customer focus and ability to
Training skills will be an advantage
Good to know: You must be available on short notice to travel country wide and to
Africa due to operational requirements and on long term projects as well as
travel outside of the region to assist nationally.
What else do you need to know?
- This role provides support mainly for the Coastal region however you may be required to support other regions and countries.
- You need to have a valid passport
- You need to have a valid South African drivers license
- You must not have restrictions to travel within SADC and abroad
We care about your
data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection
legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or
resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent
community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you
are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send
you an alert when relevant positions become open.
Diversity and Inclusion
is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity
in the workplace.
Healthineers, we take our differences to heart. We are a strongly knit team of
65, 000 Healthineers all driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of
healthcare. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to equality for
all. Our people are all talented in their own unique way. Our diverse
backgrounds, experiences and ideas enable us to push boundaries and create new
innovative technologies for our customers and patients all over the world.
Working with us, you will be part of an international working environment made
up of diverse teams and cultures, an environment where everyone is valued and
- Mandatory: Preference will be given to South African candidates from designated groups in line with our companys Employment Equity targets. Candidates with disabilities are equally welcome to apply.