Listing status: Online
Apply by: 24 November 2023
Industry: Distribution, Transport & Logistics
Job category: Distribution
Remuneration: Market related
EE position: No
Clicks Centurion DC is on the hunt for an exceptional Inventory Departmental Manager, who will be responsible for the co-ordination of operational activities within a multi-disciplined environment, assuming full responsibility for all key performance indicators.
- To effectively manage and control inventory systems and processes
- The achievement of budgeted and agreed financial targets.
- To ensure effective utilization of all people resources to drive productivity to targets.
- To control and ensure accountability for damage and poor maintenance of company assets (scanners, machines, racking, etc)
- To analyze, interpret and report business information to facilitate process improvement and improved financial performance.
- To engage, network and communicate with internal stakeholders, vendors, suppliers, and stores to ensure swift query resolution and ensure improved business performance.
- To deliver high levels of service to stores through accurate, on time deliveries, minimal damages, and effective communication.
- To enforce adherence to safety procedures, co-ordinate and manage emergencies ensuring a safe working environment.
- To lead and direct the department to achieve consistent process compliance and adherence to all relevant company SOPs, cutoffs, and daily reports.
- To ensure weekly meetings with labour brokers to address poor performance, damage to property and or stock, short supply of labour, scheduling issues and control and approval of costs.
Qualification and Experience Required:
- Essential: Matric
- Essential: National Diploma in Operations Management; B. Tech Degree in Logistics Management or the equivalent qualification.
- Essential: 3 Years experience within Operations, including stock management, Health and Safety, productivity measures.
- Essential: 3 Years Warehouse Management experience, including SOP implementation, staff management, reporting, analysis, supplier/customer dealings, risk assessment, productivity improvements, cost improvements.
- Essential: Good technical warehouse experience, including stock flow.
- Knowledge of warehouse procedures (receiving, pack away, replenishment and checking and packing)
- Business and management principles involved in resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership.
- techniques, co-ordination of people and resource
- Product Knowledge (hazardous, scheduled etc.)
- Special handling of stock (HFD Habit forming drugs, Cytotoxic)
- Standard operating procedures (SOPs for Pharmaceutical Wholesale)
- Knapp and OSR (WHS automation) reporting sys
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Analyzing of operational statistics
- Persuading and Influencing others
- Computer literacy (Minimum Intermediary level Excel and PowerPoint skills)
- Continuous process improvement