My client’s Medical Mobile Facility is a Rural Outreach program that will initially be delivered in the Free State (Qwa-qwa District) with multipurpose Mobile Medical Units. The Mobile Clinic serves to deliver healthcare at doorsteps by providing clinical, diagnostic and therapeutic care; it will also serve as an instrument to create health awareness amongst population.
- To plan the Mobile Medical Service Unit activities on daily basis so as to meet the service targets assigned to the team.
- To lead and manage the team to ensure a well-coordinated service delivery.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the care given by interdisciplinary care team and identifies problems and guides team members to their solution.
- Assigns care team members in accordance with patient needs, staff capabilities and qualifications to meet the needs of the clinic.
- Participates in training, orientation, competency assessment and education of new employees.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately, creating a working climate that provides growth and job satisfaction of personnel.
- Serves as a resource person to other staff in the area of one’s own clinical expertise.
- Evaluates the performance of team members as requested for performance appraisals.
- Overall be responsible for the MMSU and its operations at all levels.
- To screen the patients and advice appropriate diagnostic tests to arrive at diagnosis.
- To interpret the results of patients history, examination and diagnostic tests to arrive at diagnosis in most cases.
- To prescribe preventive steps and curative medicines or methods to treat the patient, and advise proper follow-up.
- To refer the cases when the diagnosis and/or treatment is not possible at the level of MMSU.
- Participate and facilitate in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) as required by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
- To perform and ensure the Digital recording of patient records.
- To be a part of Community Engagement and Communication process that explains the program details, its aim and advantages to the community.
- Any other responsibility a may be assigned to enlarge the project and take it to different forums.
Qualifications and experience
- Medical degree (MBChB)
- Registered with HPCSA
- Must have 3 years’ of relevant work experience.
- Should be a team player with ability to lead.
- Experience of working with communities is preferred.
- Should have commitment to the cause of community health services.
- Desire to learn newer subjects and ability to work independently.
- Computer literacy is a must.
- Should not have been removed for default on the grounds of professional or personal misconduct and should not have a case filed in court of law.
- Registered to valid Malpractice Insurance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of clinical staff, render decisions and policy interpretation, independently identify problems and effectively offer solutions.
- Should be self-driven, motivated and keen to succeed.
Candidates must be registered or be eligible for registration with the HPCSA as a MEDICAL DOCTOR. Salary dependent on qualifications and experience. If you need a challenge please forward your CV to Bernadette Viljoen 086 558 8921 or e-mail to email@example.com before 10 MARCH 2017. Please be notified that only shortlisted