Diploma / degree in production management or 5 years experience in manufacturing environment
Johannesburg based manufacturing company is looking for a production manager to manage a team of supervisory staff. The production manager will take responsibility for all aspects of the production process by utilizing the skills of the supervisors.
- 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
- Excellent English reading, writing and communication skills.
- Tertiary education in production management will be advantageous
Responsibilities and duties:
- Oversee production supervisors
- Ensure compliance with production schedule.
- Ensure that goods and services are produced cost and time effectively.
- Co-ordinating materials in stock and materials required.
- Ensure compliance to quality standards.
- Ensure minimum wastage
- Be able to manage staff by number of products done.
- Comply with safety standards
Ideal candidate will have the following:
- Knowledge of the entire process of manufacturing
- A keen eye for detail.
- Planning capabilities.
- General management skills.
- Time management skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within short deadlines.
- Ability to think on one's feet and manage challenges on the go.
- Verifiable references.
- Computer literacy.