- Project / Financial Accountant
Job / Role Description
- Oversee Full Accounting Function for two companies
- Preparation of Management accounts 2 companies on Pastel BIC
- Year end preparation of AFS for 2 companies
- Review of all ledgers, incl Journals
- Prepare Cashflow Statements yearly and monthly
- Budget preparation - November to January each year
- Finance admin - all finance related tasks, suppliers, banks, contracts
- Exco finance reports - admin and finance
- All Statutory return and compliance (VAT, EMP201, EMP501, IRP5's, etc.)
- Tax clearance certificate annually or as necessary
- Review and sign off VAT Recon for 2 companies
- Petty-cash management/Banking Oversight - 2 companies
- Oversee that maintenance of the asset register
- Annual PI renewal, forms and finance agreement and accounting treatment
- HR & Payroll Admin Oversight
- Annual scenario based payroll during salary increase time and comparison schedules
- Oversee Payroll - Review of Payroll on pastel payroll incl expense claim email to staff
- Oversee HR Administration - Provident fund/Medical aid - monthly pre bill & Annual changes
- Work skills plan financial information input
- BBBEE financial information input - Skills Development Spend input
- ISO - Oversight of document controller
- Procurement oversight
- Monitor supplier contracts list
- Manage Supplier/ Consultant Payment list
- Ensure that subscription renewals take place timeously
- Project Accounting
- Project Billing (invoicing)
- Project reports and workforce analysis monthly
- Oversee project disbursement recoupment on all projects
- Weekly planning schedule backup
- Update hourly rates schedule annually after budget and salary increases
- Supervisory Responsibility
- Oversee Junior Staff member's work
- Oversee Admin Department
- Contribute to the strategic objectives of the firm - Strategic planning input through the year and annual year end financial information preparation.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Commercial Financial/HR/Admin environment
- Construction Industry - or related - would be advantageous
- Accounting Outsourcing Experience - advantageous
- Supervisory experience - essential
- Construction Industry (or related): 3 years (Preferred)
- Managment Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Financial Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Sage Pastel Accounting/Payroll & BIC: 5 years (Required)
Qualifications & Skills:
- Matric / Grade 12
- B-Tech., Cost & Management Accounting /OR/ BCom. Accounting (Financial Management)
- Proficiency in Sage Pastel Accounting/Payroll & BIC, SARS eFiling and easyFile essential.
- Technically very sound in terms of Accounting Principles.
- Strong Tax and VAT experience and understanding.
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Proficiency in Word & PowerPoint
Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Strong Leadership Ability through values based leadership
- High EQ is preferred
- Excellent Analytical/Numeracy skills.
- Good administrative skills.
- Superior planning & organising skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Accountability and responsibility
- Ability to work effectively under pressure & to multitask.
- Deadline driven - Ability to work to strict and agreed deadlines.
- Methodical, logical and systematic.
- Detail orientated.
- Takes ownership.
- High standard of work & work ethic
- Able to see the bigger picture - ability to connect the dots.
- Fast Learner - ability to grasp concepts quickly.
- Independent learner.
- Self starter.
- Shows Initiative.
- Ability to complete tasks independently.
- Driven & strives for excellence.
- High level of initiative and commitment.
- Flexible approach to work and responsibilities.
- Hands on personality - willingness to get stuck in and take on challenging and possibly mundane projects/tasks at times.
- Ability to monitor and analyse information
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills (understands the importance of effective communication).
- Ability to motivate and mentor others.
- Team player.
- Excellent ability to manage stakeholders at all levels (internally and externally)
- Salary: R25,000.00 to R30,000.00 /month
- Cape Town, Western Cape (Preferred)
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
(Only suitably qualified and experienced candidates who meet all the above and the screening questions below will be shortlisted. Should you not hear from us within maximum 7 working days of your application, please accept that your application has not been successful.)