We are seeking a vibrant reservationist/receptionist with at least two years’ reservations/reception experience coupled with strong verbal and written communication skills in Blouberg, West Coast.
- Knowledge of Hotelier would be an advantage.
- Only candidates with stable employment track records, solid reservations/receptionist experience in 3-5* hotels and with favourable references from previous employers will be shortlisted.
- Must have experience working with Group Bookings
- Excellent telephonic etiquette
- Good command of the English language (written and spoken)
- To deal with reservation enquiries, bookings, deposits, cancellations, confirmations, pro-formas etc. all as per laid down procedure
- To deal with the waitlists and complimentary reservations as per procedure
- To ensure that provisional bookings are followed up
- Check for double bookings
- Maximise occupancy
- Maintain good relations with all other departments
- Ensure that all filing is up to date
- Maintain guest history as per procedure
- Ensure credit policy is adhered to
- Follow up on travel agent voucher correspondence and other documentation that might be outstanding
- Check with Front Office on daily arrivals
- Check payments received
- Have good knowledge of listing properties on internet sites and upkeep and maintenance of rates to be sent to STO and Travel Agents
- Checking bookings made through Booking.com as well as ensuring that no-shows and cancellations are documented correctly
- Checking in and out of guests
- Handling cash and processing payments
To apply for the position, please send an updated CV in Word format, recent picture of yourself in professional attire and your salary expectations. Should you not hear from us within 14 days please accept that your application has been unsuccessful