An exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join the finance department of a multi-national manufacturing organisation. The successful candidate would take over the major reporting and reconciliation duties for the company. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that the finance department runs smoothly and reports directly to the CFO. We need a professional with inherent leadership qualities and the attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate reporting in all areas.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Advise management about the financial implications of business decisions to aid growth and profit
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Analyse financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to management’s attention
- Review all inter-company transactions and generate invoices as necessary
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Delegate financial responsibilities to accounting team
- Conduct regular ledger maintenance
- Any relevant ad hoc duties as and when required by management.
- BComm in Accounting, Financial Management, etc.
- Completed Articles would be advantageous (SAICA / SAIPA / CIMA)
- 5+ years’ experience in similar role
- Knowledge of the full accounting function up to Financial Statements.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & Word
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Strong administration and finance skills
- Experience in BaaN or SAP
- Knowledge of IFRS, OPEX & CAPEX would be advantageous
- Own transport & Code 8 drivers licence