Salary: Market Related
The Operations manager will be responsible for strategic management of operations environment for the company and Referral Business as well as related reporting and achievement of financial results.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Finance, Economics or Commerce
- Insurance qualification – minimum NQF5
- FAIS compliant – credit and RE essential
- Minimum 5 years Short Term Insurance experience essential
- Minimum 5 years management experience essential in an Operational environment
- Underwriting PL and CL essential
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs service team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum development and growth in line with company vision and values.
- Establishes plans and strategies to fully develop the team in all areas and contributes to the development of end to end client experience solution aligned to strategic growth initiatives of Direct Business
- Responsible for managing the client service teams, retention team and underwriting team. Developing a business plan covering service, retention, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets and SLA’s as well as growing Direct and Referral business footprint.
- Assist in the development of the annual business plan, specifically advising on: forecasts for each line of business product and campaign (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the client service departments; and retention promotion programme plans.
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the operations team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development and product knowledge development.
- Manage the client service administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Ensure that all agents’ activities are in accordance with the guidelines of the Quality Assurance standards as set by the company.
- Drive high performance and staff retentions culture
- Effectively manage vendor relationships
- Manage effective SLAs with internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively identify operational problems determine impact patterns and trends identify best fit alternatives design best practice solutions and anticipate future problems within the environment
- Empower employees and emerging leaders and specialists to achieve operational excellence
- Effectively manage employee performance and create opportunities for them to gain the competence for the work required
Skills & Specifications
- Proven ability to lead business development function required
- Product knowledge essential PL and CL
- Technical insurance knowledge essential – advanced insurance and underwriting principles
- Risk management knowledge essential
- Understanding of financial statements, ratios and key indicators essential
If you don’t hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful. We will however keep your CV on our database for any future opportunities.
To apply email your CV to email@example.com or call T: 021 421 1701 for other positions view our website – www.channel-er.com