Nokeng mine is situated in the area of Rust de Winter, some 80 km north east of Pretoria. Construction for the processing plant commenced in June 2017. Nokeng Mine is looking to employ a SHE Manager to join a team of construction management as the leader for the safety, environment and security functions.
- The incumbent reports to the Project Director during construction with the focus area being the safety of construction operation plus design for SHE operational readiness.
- The job transition into SHE Manager reporting to the General Manager for Nokeng mine with responsibilities for design, deployment and maintenance of SHE and security systems.
- The objectives being zero harm, full compliance to statutory requirements, loss control, etc.
- The SHE Manager will be responsible for defining, establishing, implementing and sustenance of amongst others the following systems and procedures: SHE governance; SHE management systems; leadership and personal commitments; communication systems; community and stakeholder relations; training and competence; risk management systems; fire prevention and control management; legal compliance; management of change; operational controls and procedures; occupational health and wellness; contractor controls; incident investigations; emergency preparedness; safety performance and records management and documents and records controls.
- An experienced SHEQ manager with a relevant NQF level 6 equivalent qualification.
- At least 7-year experience in SHE roles within the mining environment.
SepFluor Limited (“SepFluor”) is rapidly emerging as the 'new name' in fluorspar exploration, mining and beneficiation - in South Africa and globally. SepFluor founded in 2006, is an Historically Disadvantaged South African (HDSA)-compliant company.