Technical training facilitator (welding and diesel modules) is required in Milnerton, Cape Town. Innovative, busy, growing Private Training Institute requires the professional skills of an experienced engineering facilitator to join our dynamic team.
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- Organised, efficient and pro-active
- Demonstrated skills in developing cadets into future Maritime Engineering Leaders and supporting learners at all entry levels.
- Proven attention to detail, and organisational skills with the ability to work well under pressure.
- An adaptable team player with the ability to effectively manage learners.
- The fact that we are a growing business means we will keep you challenged and busy, so you need to be able to prioritise tasks and handle a constantly changing environment.
- Punctuality is of the utmost importance, maintaining discipline and meeting deadlines is crucial.
- Human Resource skills are essential and good facilitation skills and team player.
- Working hours Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Be fluent in English, able to understand and communicate in Afrikaans (3rd language would beneficial).
- Certificate of Competency or relevant qualification (Trade Test) for welding, marine diesel motors.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing learners and a workshop environment. Experience in teaching at technical school or training centre will be an advantageous.
- Have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act applicable to workshop practices.
- Sea going experience would be advantageous but not necessary.
- Have Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, Word, Excel and Reporting.
- Have excellent communication skills, be well presented and most importantly, have a CAN-DO attitude
- Ability to work independently without the need for micro-management.
- Be able to manage a workshop and control stock.
- Closing applications 31 March 2018.
- Contract can be discussed.
SSTG provides STCW approved ancillary courses and supporting services to the maritime industry in CPT, PE, St Helena Bay, Durban and Mossel Bay