We require skilled labourers in Athlone, Cape Flats.
- Driving of company vehicle to site to drop/collect employees as and when required and to collect spares from suppliers
- Assisting both boiler makers and pipe fitters with measuring and cutting of pipes and equipment
- Assisting with preparation for up coming jobs - including sanding tanks / painting / moving of equipment / packing and unpacking of vehicles as and when required.
- The completion of any tasks as instructed by your line manager; these tasks will mainly consist of cleaning & acting as an assistant to the artisans.
- You are to ensure that all equipment that you are required to use are in good working order; you are NOT to operate any equipment that you have not been trained to use.
- When working on any tanks you are to take all necessary precautions to prevent any spillage.
- You are to ensure that any spillage is cleaned up immediately and reported to your supervisor/line manager.
- You are not to enter any confined space before obtaining a permit.
- Any other tasks as detailed by your line manager that are consistent with your work role.
- Able to operate all small tools (drill /grinder/sander/cutting)
- Proven ability to measure and cut accurately (plastic and steel pipes / steel sheets/etc)
- Any other skills would be an advantage ie. forklift driver / welder / lathe etc
- Able to communicate clearly in both English and Afrikaans
- Able to take instructions / "go-getter"/enthusiastic /able to work in a team /able to read and write appropriately / reliable at arriving to work on time
- A handyman / jack of all trades is what we are needing
Please send your CV. Should you not receive any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.