Position: Market Specialist
Salary: R7 000 – R16 0000 per month (depending on experience)
Our client that selects attractive holiday destinations and combines into an easy to follow, creative itinerary, according to the requested needs of the group and/or clients. The client works closely with local suppliers and source, research and inspects all the relevant products. This ensures that services and products are of a superior standard and quality.
- English speaking markets
- Previous travel / tourism experience
Main duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Secure business and effectively cost products.
- Understand the market and margin control.
- Build up and maintain agent / supplier relationships.
- Source new products.
- Develop own sales strategy to secure more business through existing and new agents.
- Work closely with the team to achieve goals.
- Quote and design successful, creative itineraries and proposals for all market related ADHOC groups, Tour Series and FIT requests.
- Capture and confirm bookings in Tourplan.
- Negotiate with suppliers for better rates, cancellation policies and FOC’s.
- Find new suppliers that offer a good service and better rates.
- Follow up on quotes that have been sent out.
- Successfully run groups / tour series / FIT booking.
- Compile welcome packs itineraries.
- Create co-pilots according to itinerary.
- Handling the 24hour emergency phone.
- Prepare guide documentation and brief guide before travel date.
- Work closely with tour guides whilst on tour.
- Instruct debtors to raise invoice.
- Reconcile supplier invoices for processing.
- Assist debtors clerk with invoicing / collection queries.
- Reconcile tour guide expense sheets on completion of tours / check guide salary invoices.
- Participate in supplier training and workshops.
- Reduce the transaction turnaround time.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and customer care.
- Stay current on events and changes of suppliers / product.
- Travel on educational’s and familiarizations trips.
Salary: R7 000 – R16 000 per month depending on experience.
Suitable candidates are encouraged to apply and send their CV to jobs(at)blackpenrecruitment(dot)com
You can forward your CV to jobs at blackpenrecruitment.com
We look forward to fast-tracking your application!