Job Title Bookkeeper / Junior Accountant
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Town / City Cornubia (Verulem)
Location - Province KwaZulu-Natal
Location - Country South Africa
Job Description Bookkeeping
• Matric with mathematics and accountancy
• Relevant tertiary qualification
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience
• Computer literacy (Proficient t in MS Excel)
* Relevant accounting software experience (Pastel), however the company runs its own software system which you will be trained on.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Invoices and Credit Note Processing
• Oversee the capturing of invoices / credit notes into the SIT system.
• Oversee the investigation of any differences between supplier statements, invoices and pricing errors between the supplier and system.
• Authorise/Check creditors reconciliations
2. Bank Account
* Reconcile the bank account on a daily basis
* Authorise payments – daily requirements – FNB Online
3. Processing of journals
* Ad-hoc journal – (Salaries/Credit Cards/ bank accounts)
4. Prepare management accounts
5. Analyse management accounts
6. Update budgets and liaise with the Financial Manager
7. Keep Asset register updated
8. Forex experience advantageous
9. Preparation of VAT 201’s
10. Query Management – Oversee the creditors clerk in the following area
• Solve all creditor queries and liaise with affected individuals to ensure communication of the solution.
• Follow up and resolve long outstanding queries with suppliers.
• Resolve queries identified and drive the process until queries are resolved
11. General Administration
12. Information and Data management
• Ensure team members/pricing clerk accurately and regularly captures data onto SIT to enable access to reliable data and reporting for trend analysis and decision making
13. Teamwork and Self-Management
10. Have clear credit and criminal records
11. Must have a can-do attitude, be hands on and able to assist in other areas in the business
12. Be an out of the box thinker
13. Management of company cellphone contracts
Salary: R15000 Medical aid and provident fund offered.
If you qualify for the above mentioned requirements, please send your CV to email@example.com