Position: Head of Finance
Salary: R89K per month (depending on experience)
Our client that selects attractive holiday destinations and combines into an easy to follow, creative itinerary, according to the requested needs of the group and/or clients. The client works closely with local suppliers and source, research and inspects all the relevant products. This ensures that services and products are of a superior standard and quality.
Overall Task & Responsibilities
The overall tasks and responsibility of the holder of this function is to ensure smooth financial operation including stringent cost control; to maintain and manage an agile finance department to proactively deploy resources furthering the financial result of the business.
- Previous Travel / Tourism experience would be an advantage
- Commercial / professional qualification in Accounting / Finance related field
- Prefer someone with commercial acumen who can be a Business Partner
Main duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure timely and accurate bookkeeping and reconciliation of accounts for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings according to local requirementsand company standards incl. internal and external audit.
Sales ledger related transactions
- Ensure timely issuing of invoices and posting into the accounting system
- Ensure timely booking of payments received from clients, as well as cash box transactions (clearing of payments received; up-to-date statement of client accounts)
- Ensure pro-active control of customer accounts (usage of credit lines per client; dunning procedure and money collection in co-ordination with sales). Monitor and follow-up critical accounts and provide relevant information for Controlling Zurich.
Purchase ledger related transactions
- Ensure cost control and timely follow-up of supplier invoices deviating from expected cost
- Ensure timely payments to supplier
Nominal ledger transactions
- Booking of salaries
- All other overhead payments
- Fixed assets
- Cash management
- Forex control
- Risk management
- identify potential risks
- yield management (information on load factors)
- control of prepayments, deposits or any other financial risk
Financial controlling tasks
- Control profit margins of tours/FIT’s in co-ordination with sales, operations and management
- Prepare periodic management reports for local management (i.e. customer profitability, aging of receivables, etc).
- Ensure periodic financial reporting to Controlling Destination Management in Zurich (i.e. P&L, balance sheet, non-financial information etc.) as per deadlines given by Controlling Destination Management
- Ensure that processes I guidelines in the context of risk management are adhered to
- Support office manager in forecasting and budgeting process
- Evaluate quality, effectiveness and efficiency of processes and procedures within the company and Namibian branch
- Ensure compliance to local laws and timely regulatory reporting
- Keep management informed on areas of risk (i.e. fraud, loss of income, loss of profit, loss of system integrity etc).
- Research and implement additional income streams such as rewards earned for company credit card payments, additional commissions from suppliers for early payments etc.
- Acts as an interface between the local management and Finance Destination Management in Zurich as far as financial aspects are concerned
- Constantly optimise work processes in the DMC in order to achieve higher profitability and reduce the risk of financial loss, loss of revenue or fraud
- Liaise with other company units in the same legal entity with regards to tax and legal matters (if applicable)
- Interface between local management and external/internal auditors
- Constantly review and optimise taxes and cash investments
- Keep yourself informed and updated on changes of accounting / tax laws and provide management with all relevant information
- Any other tasks delegated by CEO Southern Africa
- Motivate and support your team; provide the necessary framework for succession planning and ensure all guidelines are adhered to.
- Be approachable and supportive to your staff with focus on development and retention. In case of non-performance corrective action to be taken per the HR Guidelines.
- Ensure open communication and information policy and have regular meetings with your staff.
- Establish clear targets for your staff, carry out annual performance appraisals and be involved in any required disciplinary procedures.
- Plan and administer staffing needs within the department, and ensure proper training for new and existing staff in coordination with HR.
- Driving, monitoring and executing all Global (group of KDM) processes and policies
- Close cooperation with global Finance in driving global programs and standards
Salary: R89 K per month depending on experience.
Suitable candidates are encouraged to apply and send their CV to jobs(at)blackpenrecruitment(dot)com
You can forward your CV to jobs at blackpenrecruitment.com
We look forward to fast-tracking your application!