Project Manager - Klerksdorp
SM Healthcare Placements is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Project Manager based in Klerksdorp North West for an exciting role within an International NGO in the health care field.
To lead, co-ordinate and manage the adolescent clinical programme activities within the subdistrict; to provide technical support to both internal and external stakeholders with regards to YFS, SRH, and clinical care.
To develop and effectively manage relationships with district and sub-district stakeholders.
Interested applicants should send to email@example.com
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The following are the qualifications, experience, knowledge and attributes requirements:
Education, Training and Experience
- South African Nursing Council (SANC)
- Degree in Nursing or equivalent, Master’s degree or equivalent in Public Health, Public Management or related recommended fields
- 3- 5 years’ management experience within a donor funded public health programme
- 2-3 years’ experience in at least one of the following fields: adolescent health, HIV, sexual health,
reproductive health and/or mental health
- Knowledge of public health delivery structures
- Knowledge of health systems and data management
- Experience in quality improvement. Experience in teaching and training
- Exceptional organizational skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Positive energetic team player with good interpersonal skills, a strong relationship builder with all
stakeholders and an ability to adapt to and navigate complex situations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate in other SA
languages, preferably must be area appropriate
- Post Graduate qualification in HIV Management and Project Management qualification is
Key performance areas
- Stakeholder Management (internal and external)
- Develop and effectively manage relationships at a sub-district and district level with external and
- internal stakeholders including DoH, DBE, and DSD, donors, partners and relevant projects.
- Ensure collaboration and co-ordination with other projects within the sub-district
- When assigned, serve as a representative of the adolescent programme on both internal and external forums / working groups within the sub–district and district.
- Training and skills transfer
- Identify training needs of the project team and DoH counterparts
- Liaise with the Training Department and DoH RTC to address training needs
- Support the monitoring of the quality of training and mentoring at the district, sub-district and
- Support the evaluation of the effectiveness of training by obtaining feedback from stakeholders
and/or relevant assessments
- Provide post-training support through coaching, mentoring, feedback and support to the sub district
and facilities that ensures high quality implementation of adolescent clinical care, AYFS, ISHP and all other related programmes
- Staff Management
- Attend to all staffing requirements and administration
- Supervise and manage the duties of subordinates to ensure optimal staff utilisation and maintenance of sound labour relations
- Perform and facilitate performance development and assessments
- Identify substandard performance by team members and take necessary corrective action
- Coach and train subordinates and team members to ensure the acquisition of knowledge and skills
required by the organisation
- Promote harmony, teamwork and sharing of information
- Provide day to day support to all project staff
- Supervise and manage line reports in keeping with policies and procedures
- Assist in development and procurement of IEC material for the establishment of youth friendly
- Project development, implementation and Quality Improvement
- Implement appropriate project management processes to ensure delivery of adolescent programme components according to the approved workplan(s) and timelines with a specific focus on aspects of sustainability.
- Track and monitor sub district and facility level project components, including operational research projects, using agreed project indicators
- Develop/review work plans and other strategic project documents for effective implementation of the project
- Identify the needs of the project, lead the compilation of project plans and monitor performance
- Identify and get resources as required
- Coordinate project activities with external agencies such as public health, NGO partners, regulatory
bodies, donor monitoring and auditing agencies and others as necessary
- Support the development of M&E and evaluation plans
- Develop project tools such as SOP’s, tools, and technical guidelines and contribute to the development of adolescent information materials and other documents as required
- Coordinate and troubleshoot all project related activities
- Lead all Quality Improvement Projects for improved health Outcomes
- Reporting and Administration
- Write project reports and disseminate to internal and external stakeholders on an on-going basis
- Close communication with the M&E team to ensure adequate and regular reporting to provincial, DMT, PEPFAR, facility DoH managers, DBE and DSD structures including school governing
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants, who have not been contacted within 2 - 3 weeks of the closing date, should assume that their application has not been successful.
SM Healthcare Placements is an equal opportunity employer.