Job Title: Sales Manager
Department: Sales and Operations
Responsible to: Head of Sales and Operations
Responsible for: Portfolio Managers, Communications Coordinators, Communications Agents
Location: Cape Town
The Sales Manager is accountable for achieving sales and profitability goals set out in the Company objectives. This role provides direction to the Sales and Operations team while being responsible for the customer satisfaction and market share within the designated geography.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- To oversee and manage the sales and support targets
- To maintain effective relationships with both new and existing clients and provide consistent and engaged sales support on a regular basis
- To strategically plan and execute support and new business sales trips based on the revenue needs of the business, taking into account the value of face-to-face facilitated management sessions to provide re-engagement to existing clients
- To prepare trip expense budgets and then monitor and track these expenses on Wave to ensure that they remain within budget
- To provide monthly reports on a regular basis which include the following: budget vs actual revenue, expense budgets, client drop-offs etc.
- To monitor the Lobster Ink website hits, ‘contact us’ submissions and referrals to ensure that potential leads are followed up on
- To proactively drive sales by consistently looking out for new markets, sales opportunities, potential distribution channels etc. to generate future pipelines