Salary: Market Related
The Sales Manager will be responsible for strategic management of Sales environment for the company and Referral Business as well as related reporting and achievement of financial results.
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in Finance, Economics or Commerce
- Insurance qualification – minimum NQF5
- FAIS compliant – credit and RE essential
- Minimum 5 years Short Term Insurance experience essential
- Minimum 5 years management experience essential
- Directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum development and growth in line with company vision and values.
- Establishes plans and strategies to fully develop the team in all areas and contributes to the development of end to end sales solution aligned to strategic growth initiatives of Direct Business
- Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and growing Direct and Referral business footprint.
- Assist in the development of the annual sales plan, specifically advising on: forecasts for each product and campaign (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion programme plans.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Set individual team sales and commission targets in conjunction with the Head of Direct.
- Ensure high standards of ongoing training and product testing is implemented.
- Ensure performance management is consistently applied and standards upheld.
- Preside personally over all disciplinary proceedings and randomly facilitate TL/ Agent coaching sessions.
- Drive high performance and staff retentions culture
- Effectively manage vendor relationships
- Proactively identify operational problems determine impact patterns and trends identify best fit alternatives design best practice solutions and anticipate future problems within the Sales environment
- Empower employees and emerging leaders and specialists to achieve operational excellence
- Effectively manage employee performance and create opportunities for them to gain the competence for the work required
Skills & Specifications
- Proven ability to lead business development function required
- Knowledge of marketing and sales principles required
- Product knowledge essential PL and CL
- Technical insurance knowledge essential – advanced insurance and underwriting principles
- Risk management knowledge essential
- Understanding of financial statements, ratios and key indicators essential
If you don’t hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful. We will however keep your CV on our database for any future opportunities.
To apply email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call T: 021 421 1701 for other positions view our website – www.channel-er.com