AFDA Durban invites the aplications for the position of television lecturer in Glen Anil, Durban based campus to start January 2018.
- As the Discipline Lecturer for Television, AFDA is looking for a committed and dedicated industry professional to lecture and provide support to undergraduate students.
- The position requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate students and guide them into the technical world of Television.
- The candidate needs to demonstrate a willingness to embrace AFDA’s unique pedagogy which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching at AFDA.
- At least 5 years of experience in the television, film and entertainment industry.
- Relevant Honours degree in Television, Film and/or Media Studies with specialization in Television production.
- Computer literacy
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- A meticulous and thorough nature
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence.
- Culturally aware and sensitive.
- Lecturing 1st, 2nd and 3rd year degree television students
- Teaching a combination of the following subjects: TV Technical studio including the following: Panasonic P1 and P2 Cameras and JVC Pro HD3 studio Cameras; Microphones & Lighting
- Multi-camera studio set up including vision mixing desk, audio mixing desk, lighting desk and all equipment functions as well as crew roles and responsibilities
- Single cam set up including all crew and equipment functions
- Broadcast Pix Multi cam switcher system
- Data Video MS2800A
- Conducting student consultations and reflective meetings
- Preparing content and lesson plans for each term
- Assessment registration for the term’s assessments
- Working with counter-parts to ensure parity across all campuses on term outcomes
- Attendance registers and class management administration
- Timetable planning
- Curriculum development
Please send the following:
- CV (no certificates)
- Email and telephone contact details
- 3 references
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AFDA (The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance) is the leading film school in SA, and a full member of CILECT, the association of the world's major film and television schools. The AFDA values are passion, self discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.