We are offering two paid trainee positions starting in January in our start-up company, Home Study Group. We manage a number of brands, and for this position the interns will be working mostly on Together We Pass and Skills Academy.
Experience or qualifications are a positive, but if you are passionate, can think on your feet, are creative and love to work hard we will take you on and give you all the training you will need to do this job amazingly. We want someone with drive who wants to learn, and has big ambitions.
This position requires you do work on basic office administration tasks such as answering phones, replying to emails and other administrative tasks. You will also help in the administration of our online study groups, liaising with lectures to ensure that the groups are properly managed, and on time. You will sign students up to their study groups, and allocate the money paid by our students. You will work closely with our sales team to ensure this is done quickly and effectively.
We will offer both formal and informal training for this position. You will be given on the job instruction, and shown how to use the various software platforms you need to know. We will also give you access to learn to “touch type” (type without looking), and you will have access to one free course with our College.
Qualifications, experience and personal traits required:
- Preferably grade 12 or equivalent
- Good knowledge of computers and the Office packages (Word and Excel a must)
- Good internet skills
- Able to work quickly and accurately with attention to detail
- Able to take initiative
- Good time keeping
- Excellent work ethic; you like to do every job well
- Great timekeeping
- Passionate and driven
You will be working on the following for this position:
- Answering the phone
- Replying to student queries via email and on our online platform
- Online community management – ensuring the groups are kept up to date and that all queries are answered timeously
- Reporting on work completed, and standard of work completed
- Activating students on the online platform
- Recording students in our Payment sheet
- Keeping the associated reporting on the Payment sheet up to date
- Liaising with sales so that students are helped quickly once signed up
This trainee position comes with a 3 month contract. Suitable trainees may get permanent employment thereafter. The position is R2,500 per month which will be reviewed once training is completed.
To apply please send a cover letter explaining why this job interests you, and why we should see you for an interview.
Please note applications that only send a CV will be immediately discarded. Sorry.
I look forward to hearing from you.