SM Healthcare Placements is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Nurse Advisor based Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal for an exciting role within an International NGO in the health care field.
The incumbent will support a team providing technical support and service delivery to Department of Health and Municipality sites in the eThekwini District. And will contribute to the provision of the district approach to all aspects of quality improvement in clinical care.
Interested applicants should send To firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The following are the qualifications, experience, knowledge and attributes requirements:
Education, Training and Experience
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills
- Attention to detail and able to prioritize work load
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Relevant Nursing Diploma (with specialization)
- NIMART trained
- Registration with SANC
- Valid Driver’s licence and willing to travel
- 4 years’ experience in a public health setting
- HAST management, M+E and quality improvement experience
- Postgraduate degree
- Certification in HIV Management and dispensing
- Knowledge of Clinical Systems and Data Management
- Experience working in a donor funded environment/NGO project-based organization
Key performance areas
- Implement the defined QI programme within allocated area.
- Deliver and address issues of quality in health systems including clinical services such as adult HIV treatment and general chronic care, HIV wellness programmes, tuberculosis screening and care, Nurse-initiated and managed ART, PMTCT,
- Paediatric diagnosis, linkage to care and treatment and sexual and reproductive health.
- Integrate preventative health services and awareness of social determinants of health.
- Monitor and review the implementation and progress of the programme.
- Review challenges and achievements and institute corrective action.
- Compile and disseminate reports to relevant stakeholders.
- Integrate feedback from reports into programme implementation plan and subsequent progress reports.
- Identify training needs of staff for programme implementation (Internal and external) and develop training plan.
- Liaise with the Training stakeholders to address training needs.
- Monitor the delivery and quality of training.
- Participate in monitoring activities mandated by the Training programme
- Provide ongoing training, coaching, mentoring, feedback and support.
- Participate in ongoing mentorship programmes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training by obtaining feedback (formal and informal) from stakeholders and/or relevant assessments.
- Establish a baseline needs assessment for allocated area.
- Plan a tailored approach in conjunction with programme/project manager/project coordinator and technical experts taking into consideration the needs and priorities of the area.
- Develop a project plan and timeline for addressing the identified needs and priorities.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants, who have not been contacted within 2 - 3 weeks of the closing date, should assume that their application has not been successful.
SM Healthcare Placements is an equal opportunity employer.